Topics of the workshop included:
– An insight to the health and safety initiatives taken by the host company HOCHTIEF, including an introduction to their Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Protection Center and the web-based HOCHTIEF incident management system.
– An overview and discussion of the ENCORD Health and Safety platform, that is being designed by HOCHTIEF
– A discussion on Health and Safety definitions that led to a first version of common definitions for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). A group of participants have volunteered to work on the next version of this draft to create a paper before the next workshop.
– A site visit with the focus on Health and Safety on the “A Plus pier” extension of the Frankfurt Airport.
– Best practice presentations
– a summary of the meeting and discussion on the group’s next steps
Next meeting: The group resolved to meet again 12-13 September 2011 in London, hosted by VINCI UK.
Planned topics are
– a discussion of the draft paper on “How to measure and report ENCORD companies Health and Safety data” and data that has already been compiled using the draft,
– best practice examples and
– a site visit with a focus on the high UK safety standards, followed by a discussion on the differences to the previous site visits in The Netherlands and Germany.