The meeting included:
– Welcome by the General Manager of CCC in Doha
– Introduction to the CCC tools “VBC Dashboard” and “Falcon” that were developed inhouse to manage knowledge and to control and optimize operation. Both tools also contribute to improve the H&S performance.
– a presentation on “Relationship Between Construction and HSE that provided an overview of the development of HS&E in the construction sector over the last decades, starting from HS&E being an almost non existing topic to it playing an essential role on any major construction site in the Middle East. The presentation ended with an extensive and comprehensive set of recommendations to make HSE effective
– a presentation on “Managing HSE on mega size projects”, like the projects our host CCC is working on in the Middle East. The presentation was given by a CCC Project HSE Manager and thus also the knowledge of many years of site experience.
– presentations of participant’s H&S data according to the ENCORD KPI guide
– best practice presentations by Hochtief, Royal Bam, Balfour Beatty and Bilfinger.
The second part of the meeting was devoted to an OHS-Workshop that focused on three topics. These were discussed in “rotating workgroups”:
– Leadership and Participation: Successful leading and guidance resulting in active participation of all persons involved
– OHS contribution to economic success: How economical is safety (return on prevention)
– Safety Culture: Regional differences within safety culture and safety programs
The second day of the workshop centered around a full day site visit to the Ras Laffan site with the
– Multi Purpose Administration Complex (MPAC) and the
– Barzan Onshore Facility (Process & Utilities) (BGP)
The workshop ended with two presentations on
– Managing HSE at the Project: Behavior based safety approach, establishing HSE culture, etc.
– Sub Contractor Selection & Control process