The Fitness Check involves a comprehensive, evidence-based assessment of whether the current regulatory framework is proportionate and fit for purpose, and delivering as expected.
Specifically, it assesses the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, coherence and EU added value of the legislative framework.
The Fitness Check focuses on 15 EU legislative texts in the policy fields of Internal Market, Energy Efficiency, Environment and Health & Safety. It analyses those provisions within these EU texts that may impact the construction sector.
In this context, an open public consultation has been launched to gather experience, views and opinions of interested stakeholders and the public on the impact of current EU legislation for the construction sector.
The consultation is open to all interested stakeholders and the public. Deadline is 20 June 2016.
You are invited to reply to the Open public consultation, please access it here.
This new edition highlights current results and achieved or potential impact of the EeB PPP projects. The projects demonstrate scientific and technological excellence, across all levels, from early stage conception to demonstration of almost ready-to-market innovations. Distributed into 7 technology-clusters defined according to the construction-related research and innovation value chain from the EeB PPP Roadmap (Design, Technology Building Blocks, Advanced materials and nanotechnology, Construction process, Energy performance monitoring & management, ICT and BIM), they illustrate the diverse innovation approaches and the importance of embracing all aspects of the building and construction sectors.
Download the Project Review EeB_PPP_Project_Review_2016
* ECTP on the Active Ageing & Design Committee
* ENCORD on the Council meeting
* Germany on STUVA conference, ECO-SEE workshop, SC5 consultation, 32nd International WTA-Colloquium, EU Brokerage Event on KET in H2020 and GCTP-FACH meeting
* Portugal on Road Paving Solutions for Tropical Climates
* Spain on PTEC Working Groups and on REFINET CSA.
Download the newsletter NTPs Network Newsletter 8
The next issue is planned for June 2016.
The main themes taken up in the meeting were:
- The first part of the meeting was focused on Digitalization: Impact in Construction:
Dra. Isabel da Rosa, Director of the Portuguese Institute of Public Markets Real Estate and Construction gave an overview of the Portuguese Model of Electronic Public-procurement.
Engº José Carlos Lino, the CEO of NEWTON shown the presentation: BIM and ICT: the new Construction challenge.
Laura Tordera, Secretary General of ENCORD updated the ENCORD and WEF agreement in the framework of Future of Construction project.
A workshop took place led by ENCORD Board. Key topics were identified and the group was split in smaller groups. There were some fruitful discussions. Read the rest of this entry »
This Newsletter No.2 includes four sections:
- REFINET progress with a summary of the recent work achieved in the project.
- Innovation activities on transport infrastructures within REFINET community, with contributions from Dragados and Tecnalia.
- Coordination with projects and networks. Information on REFINET and ECTP at TRA 2016, on REFINET, FOX and USE-it CSAs and on Construction NTPs network is included.
- News on R&I in transport infrastructures.
It is available for download here REFINET Newsletter No.2
The following calls have a deadline on 8 March 2016 at 17:00 (Brussels time):
- SCC-02-2016-2017: Demonstrating innovative nature-based solutions in cities
- SCC-03-2016: New governance, business, financing models and economic impact assessment tools for sustainable cities with nature-based solutions (urban re-naturing)
- SCC-04-2016: Sustainable urbanisation.
Access more information on these calls and the Submission Service on the participant portal here.
More information on the calls and access to the relevant documents are available from the EC website.
Any citizen (EU citizens and citizens from a country outside the EU), organisation and public authority may participate in the on-line consultation available on EU Survey.
Go to the consultation page here
CSA has recently issued its first newsletter, organized in four sections:
A first section of this Newsletter includes contributions on REFINET presentation by CSTB as coordinator, on REFINET background by Dragados as leader of ECTP Infrastructure & Mobility Committee (previously reFINE Initiative) and on REFINET WP3 progress by Tecnalia as coordinator of this WP.
A second section includes background information on research and innovation activities in the field of transport infrastructures by two REFINET partners: Arup and D’Applolonia.
A third section includes information on coordination activities between three CSAs in Transport (REFINET, FOX and USE-it) by FEHRL and on the workshop with REFINET partners and experts from NTPs (October 21st, 2015) by PTEC.
Finally, a fourth section summarizes some news in the field of research and innovation on transport infrastructures.
The newsletter is available here
The topics of the conference are: Read the rest of this entry »
Data-Driven Innovation – Big data for Growth and well-being published on 6 October 2015
The main themes taken up in the meeting were:
- Presentation of ITER: General presentation of the ITER project, ITER Organization, explanation about thermonuclear fusion, industrial organization, with a focus on logistic and heavy transports by a representative of ITER Organization.
- Presentation of Tokamak: Presentation of the Tokamak project under its civil works aspects, by Frederic Sciblo, Vinci-Ferrovial site manager, and Oriol Ribas. Focus on the engineering dimensions and management of the permanent redefinition of the project.
- Site visit to the ITER project: ITER is Read the rest of this entry »
EeB-CA2 is a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) which aims at providing the right set of instruments, supporting technology-clustering and geo-clustering upon the whole set of EeB PPP EC-funded projects. Its primary ambition consists in enhancing and rationalising coordinated and broader dissemination, technology transfer and future exploitation activities of clustered projects, so as to help them better promoting and marketing their achievements and deliverables. Further details on the project website at http://www.e2b-clusters.eu/.
The aim of this call is to setup a group of high-level experts from outside the EeB PPP EC-funded projects to support the following EeB-CA2 activities: Read the rest of this entry »
11 participants from 9 companies attended the workshop.
The meeting included:
- Presentation by participants;
- Presentation of best practice examples including discussion;
- Presentation of the participant’s H&S data according to the ENCORD KPI guide;
- Safety@Doka event.
ENCORD would like to thank the host Doka and especially Dr. Ludwig (Board Member DOKA), Johann Peneder, Helmut Weißengruber and their team for hosting this excellent and very well organized meeting and Safety@Doka event at the exhibition room.
The next ENCORD Health & Safety Platform meeting will be hosted by Strabag/ Züblin on 6th/7th April 2016 hosted by Strabag/Züblin in Germany.