The ENCORD Virtual Construction Platform met for their 28th meeting on 14-15 October 2014 in Madrid, Spain. The workshop was organized by OHL.
14 participants from 10 member companies attended the workshop, and the Universities ofHelsinki, Oulu, Stanford, Twente and Brescia. With the following guest speakers: Prof. Angelo Ciribini, As. Prof. Timo Hartmann, Prof. Martin Fischer, Prof. Hannele Kerosuo, Researcher Tarja Mäki, Prod. Man. Jukka Suomi, Miguel Amerigo and Prof Rauno Heikkilä.
Best Practice Highlight Actions from BOUYGUES, HOCHTIEF, HILTI, OHL, NCC, BAM, UPONOR, FERROVIAL, VINCI and DRAGADOS were shown.
SOme topics were discussed:
• Are the next waves? (beyond the ones we see)
• Overview what is possible in 5 years
• Robotics, Wearables, Simulations, 3D printingdecision support, data mining, smart cities, …
• Are leading institutes exploring?
• Sre Encord companies exploring?
• Is our role… the guys who enabled to manage the information…?
• Is solved before we can look ahead?
ENCORD VCP would like to thank the host OHL for making this excellent meeting possible.
April 2015, hosted by Vinci in Paris, France.