Topics of the workshop included:
– Jez Haskins, the VINCI BAM NUTTALL Project Director of the Tottenham Court Road underground station upgrade provided an overview of the project. It included details on the project, the work done so far and the Health and Safety measures and performance.
– The participants of the Workshop had the opportunity to tour the site with a focus on Health and Safety issues. The visit was followed by a detailed discussion of the observed Health and Safety measures and performance.
– In order to attain a mutual standard for measuring the effectiveness of occupational safety measures, a draft paper on “How to measure and report ENCORD companies Health and Safety data” was developed before this workshop. It includes various key figures and definitions in accordance with the OSHA key figures.
The participants of this meeting discussed the draft and created an updated version. This will be used to report on Heath and Safety data at the next meeting.
– In a session on best practice exchange, Bilfinger, Hochtief, CCC, YIT and Consolis presented bright ideas and concepts and approaches and actions that relate to Health and Safety.
– a summary of the meeting and discussion on the group’s next steps
ENCORD would like to thank the hosts Neil Rosiak of VINCI PLC and Jez Haskins, the VINCI BAM NUTTALL Project Director of the Tottenham Court Road underground station upgrade project for making this meeting and the excellent site visit possible.
The next meeting will be hosted by NCC 5-6 March 2012. Planned topics are
– Gaining experience from reporting Health and Safety data according to the guideline on “How to measure and report ENCORD companies Health and Safety data”
– best practice examples and
– a site visit with a focus on the Health and Safety standards.