Topics of the workshop included:
– an overview of the NCC construction project “City Station”. The participants of the Workshop had the opportunity to tour the site with a focus on health and safety issues. The visit was followed by a detailed discussion of the observed health and safety measures and performance.
– a presentation on the HSE Culture and Program for NCC. The presentation showed strategies and special activities within NCC to enhance their performance. The presentation was discussed and ideas where exchanged.
– a presentation about “ACTIVE”, the new HSEQ-software used within Bilfinger Berger since January 2012
– According to the new ENCORD Standard “How to measure and report ENCORD companies Health and Safety data”, which was agreed to after the last meeting, all participants provided and discussed their KPI for the year 2011.
– Several questions about Safety Culture were discussed (e.g. definition, development, improvement). It turns out that discussing safety culture is very important and will become even more important in the near future.
– Different requirements from clients regarding HSE, as well as the impact of social system to Lost Time Accidents Rates were brought up by the group and were identified as major contributing factors. This area will need further evaluation.
– In a session on best practice exchange, BAM, Bilfinger, CCC and Strabag presented bright ideas and concepts and approaches and actions that relate to health and safety.
ENCORD would like to thank the hosting company NNC AB and especially Lars-Gunnar Larsson and his colleagues Jan Uden and Bo Segerberg for making this meeting and the excellent site visit possible, as well as the leader the working group health and safety, Frank Becker of Bilfinger Berger for organizing the meeting.